Sunday, May 14, 2006

What you THINK is what you GET.

You are what you think.

I agree. I think the lowest points in my life were those moments that I utterly lost confidence in myself. Waves of depression, stress and anxiety concerning my responsibilities and failures have always been the culprits of getting my self-esteem shrink to a size of a mustard seed. That would have been good if, like faith, a mustard-seed-self-esteem too can move mountains. But that wasn't the case. Carrying a 'mountainous' load, is more like it.

It's all in the mind they say. What you think about yourself affects the way you treat others, and vice versa. In the same way, if you're too occupied in thinking about how big the problem is, you might miss out on the abundance of the solutions available to solve it. For a pessimist like myself, this sure is a nice realization.

I guess I'll start out steering my mental vision to the bright side of life, with hope and conviction that things could lighten up a bit sooner or later.

The next time anxiety and depression attack, it is best to start digging what thoughts have crawled into our minds lately. More often than not, what destroys us is just what's inside us. Creepy, isn't it?

5 comments:

-=kat=- said...

wow!

I agree, sometimes original problems are less dramatic that those inner problems our imagination creates.
I better listen to this one. I dont want my resiliency to be destroyed when I'm only beginning to draw it up.

thnx for the link to that article, sir. I found it rather enlightening.

dennis said...

No probs. That article helped me realized that my vivid imagination seems to be working against me, especially on the area of transforming minute probs into gigantic ones.

Alma Ritchel said...

I second the motion...

Now, i try to look on things on the positive side...and believe that there is a reason for everything...

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
spy bathtub book valtrex Valtrex 1 gram dose directions Writing prompts middle school Car find law firm Valtrex symptoms itching cause Valtrex for chronic suppressive Scotiabank commercial visa card Erowids vault xanax American mortgage corportation liposuction full color business cards wilmington web site hosting Wellbutrin side effects during pregnancy Chemical name for valtrex bentley car http://2004-dodge-ram-decal.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »