Saturday, May 13, 2006

Hardwork and Patience

Despite the discouragement I get when I see some of my friends not reaching their goals [as of the moment] in spite of giving it their all through hardwork and patience, I still believe that someday, somehow, hardwork and patience will get them somewhere.

This conviction, though not as strong as what most people have, has borrowed additional stamina from this funny and enlightening story of hardwork from Grandpa's blog --- a blog that offers humor and inspiration to the blogosphere.

Here is an excerpt from that interesting entry:

After that the HR manager said "You are engaged, give me your e-mail address and I'll send you the application to fill, as well as when you will start".

The man replied, " I don't have a computer, neither an email."

"I'm sorry", said the HR manager, "if you don't have an email, that means you do not exist. And who doesn't exist, cannot have the job".

The man left with no hope at all. He didn't know what to do, with only 10US$ in his pocket. The man then decided to go to the supermarket and buy a 10kg tomato crate. He sold the tomatoes in a door-to-door round.

In less than two hours, He succeeded to double his capital. He repeated the operation three times, and returned home with 60US$. The man realized that he could survive this way, and started to go everyday earlier, and return late. Thus, his money doubled and tripled day by day.

Shortly later, he bought a car, then a truck, then he had his own fleet of delivery vehicles. 5 years later, the man became one of the biggest food retailers in the U. S.


It is with situations like that that I also gain personal determination to believe that I would be able to do something that is quite great, or even grand. To some, this might qualify for a reach-for-a-star daydream or something, but it is truly uplifting to know that there are folks out there who finally attained what others thought as impossible feats. And that is all through hardwork, sweat, tears, and even blood.

I am aiming for something right now, and I am staring at that vision for too long now, as well as plowing my way to it. I hope this gets me somewhere too. With hardwork and patience, that is.

2 comments:

Alma Ritchel said...

Your entry reminds me of Rock Lee

dennis said...

Korek Alms. I almost wanted to bring that up here in this entry. However, I am just worried it would make the entry too long. But we exactly have the same thing in mind.