3G stands for "third generation." It is aimed at delivering high-speed services and is targeted to offer access speeds of about 144 Kbps, later moving up to 2.4 Mbps. 3G will allow for mobile-based bells and whistles --- like graphics on your cell. ETA: within two years.while the Future Look has this definition:
3G Networks will offer services and capabilities that just a few years ago were confined to science fiction. Handheld devices no larger than today's mobile phones will allow you see as well as hear the person you're talking to, access the internet at high speed and use sites specifically offering fast, useful and fun information.Mobile phones have continually developed to the extent that they are posing a threat to personal computers, especially now that high-speed internet browsing is included in their cool set of features.
Here is a mobile phone carrying tons of functionalities including the third-generation features in its slim and sleek package.
Sony Ericsson W900i
Tagged as the best music player phone as of January 2006, The W900i is Sony Ericsson's first 3G phone with the Walkman(TM) branding and a phone that simply does everything!
Just take a look at these awesome features.
- 3G video calling and streaming
- Media player
- FM radio
- 2 megapixel camera with autofocus, 8x digital zoom and camera light
- Video camera
- VideoDJ(TM) video editing software
- Display: TFT, 262,144 colours, 240 x 320 pixels
- Sound recorder
- Voice controls
- Ringtones: MP3/AAC format
- MusicDJ(TM) software for creating your own polyphonic ringtones
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, Instant Messaging, E-mail
- 3D Java(TM) games: embedded & downloadable
- Wallpaper, screensaver & themes
- Picture phonebook
- Personal organiser functions plus File Manager
- WAP 2.0, GPRS, HSCSD, GSM Modem, 3G
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, USB, infra-red, Fast Port
- Memory: 470 Mbytes plus Memory Stick Duo(TM)/Memory Stick PRO Duo(TM)
- Vibration alert
- Triband plus 3G (UMTS)
- Size: 109 x 24 x 49 mm
- Weight: 148g
- Talktime: 2 hours (3G) - 8 hours (2G)
- Video calling: 1.5 hours
- Battery standby: 300 hours (3G) - 370 hours (2G)